Blog of a girl who struggles with her fat ass and the process of it's elimination.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Raspberry Ketones

I'm going to say it, I think Dr. Oz is full of crap.  I think he promotes items that are not actually proven to be effective and gets a slice of the profits once a product's sales have skyrocketed after being on his show.

~HOWEVER~

I also think that there are some more controversial diets and/or products that are judged before a person looks into them for themselves.

Last night I received a bottle of raspberry ketones to try out.  Before I ordered the supplement, I did some online research and a lot of it revolved around the hype that Dr. Oz produced.

~AGAIN, HOWEVER~

Based on my very own thoughts, I decided to try out a raspberry ketones product anyway.  In the past I found a company called Creative Bioscience.  I found this company when I was trying to find HCG*** drops that weren't full of fake crap.  It was their Facebook page that ultimately made me go with their HCG product.  Their Facebook page had a lot of helpful information, but more importantly, had an active following.  Fans posted on the page and Creative Bioscience would actually respond!  They didn't delete that hard questions, they didn't avoid them, they answered anything.  I really, really liked that.  To me that shows that they back up their product, they're not just in it to sell a false product and reap the benefits.  So, back to raspberry ketones, I was looking for a product that wasn't from a company only looking to make profits off people who are lead to believe that raspberry ketones are a miracle pill.  What do I expect out of them?  I expect that they boost my existing diet and exercise plan.  Not that they will magically make my weight drop off.  Since I had already used a product by Creative Bioscience, I thought I would see if they had a raspberry ketone product available.  And they do!  Their product also contains green tea extract, african mango extract, and acai berry.  All of these ingredients have at least been rumored to promote weight loss, so it seems like a good mix to me.  I started taking them last night because I wanted a diet boost ASAP.  We'll see how this goes!


***The HCG diet (at least in this part of the country) is considered a scam.  Most people in this area only think the diet is to eat 500 calories a day, which most people also know is unhealthy.  After doing my own research, I found that an HCG diet is actually supposed to be supplemented by HCG drops which counter the fact that you're not consuming enough calories.  They essentially release extra calories that you're already storing, so you're really not starving yourself.  I did lose weight on this diet but ultimately it was too restrictive for me to follow.


*Please note all opinions expressed are entirely my own, and I was neither asked nor compensated for them.

1 comment:

  1. I was taking Raspberry Ketones, along with Green Coffee Bean Extract Pills.. both I heard from Dr. Oz. I think it's kind of bullshit. I had no change in weight while taking them. They were more of an annoyance.. (take 2 pills of each, 3 times a day, half an hour before each meal). Maybe you'll have a better experience though!

    ReplyDelete