Blog of a girl who struggles with her fat ass and the process of it's elimination.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Hawaiian Chicken

The recipe I used for chicken this week I've actually had for quite a long time.  Many moons ago, when I was quite young in my early 20s, my mom gave me this recipe.  I instantly fell in love.  I've since adapted it to my taste.  I now pass it on to you, dear reader.

Hawaiian Chicken

1 package chicken breasts (the one that has 3 boobs in the package)
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1 large can crushed pineapple

Throw all the ingredients in the crock pot.  Cook on low for 3-4 hours.  Cut 1/3 off each breast.*  Eat.

*This is how I make 3 boobs into 4 equal-ish portions.  The three 1/3 pieces combined make the 4th serving. 

The recipe calls for green onions, but I can never be bothered to buy and cut up green onions.  The recipe doesn't seem to be lacking.  Also, the recipe does not include the honey in the crock pot.  You're supposed to cook it in the crock pot, then take out the chicken, brush with honey, and bake.  Again, something I just can't be bothered to do.  I like easy stuff.  It also doesn't include pineapple.  But what is Hawaiian without pineapple?

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment