Now that you know the portions of protein, fat, starch, and veggies that should be consumed on my plan, wanna see how it translates to every day life? It's really pretty awesome.
Coffee is probably my most consistent downfall because I'm still using CoffeeMate creamer. I heart CoffeeMate creamer. Especially in the winter when they have the peppermint flavor. Yum. So, I drink coffee daily with about 2 tablespoons of creamer and 1 spoonful of real sugar.
- Two whole eggs, one or two pieces of pre-cooked bacon, and 1-2 tablespoons of mexican style cheese. I cook up my eggs in the microwave either in a mug or gladware bowl after I've gotten to work.
- A tangelo. If you haven't tried tangelos, do it. I don't usually have fruit in the morning though. This is a special week because the tangelos looked particularly tempting at the store. I eat the tangelo immediately after the eggs. (Protein goes with fruit, it keeps your blood sugar from spiking!)
- Sugar snap peas. I eat these straight out of the bag for about an hour.
- A salad consisting of butter lettuce, 4 oz. pre-cooked steak strips, 1/2 cup black beans, 2 tablespoons full fat chipotle southwestern salad dressing. This is an awesome salad.
- More sugar snap peas. Basically the bag is on my desk all day and I'm munching off and on.
- 1/2 cup Greek Gods vanilla honey greek yogurt, mixed with mandarin oranges.
- Greek chicken stew. This covers my protein and veggies. It contains carrots and artichoke hearts.
- 1/2 cup brown rice (mixed in with the stew)
- 1-2 tablespoons full fat sour cream (also with the stew. which makes it super yummy and decadent.)
Color key: protein, fat, starch, veggies, fruit.